Electric Heater Safety
As winter begins to hit and temperature begins to drop, you may choose to buy a space heater for warm up your home, apartment, or work space. Space heaters are a good alternative if you do not want to turn up your thermostat to heat up your home. Here are some tips that you can use to prevent any disaster caused by a space heater:
- Leave the heater on level floor, don’t place on carpet - it can overheat and start a fire.
- Do not use in bathroom, unless it is designed for it - moisture can damage the heater.
- Keep three feet away from flammable materials and out of the way of children and pets.
- Should always be plugged directly into wall outlet, don’t use with extension cord because it can cause overheating.
- Don’t leave heater unattended, make sure to unplug when not in use.
- Install smoke alarms on every floor.
Space heaters, if not used correctly, can cause fire damage to your property. Give SERVPRO of Oconee/South Anderson Counties a call today at 864-916-4160.