Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Oconee/South Anderson Counties understands that when you have a water damage emergency, you need assistance right away to ensure the situation is stabilized and conditions do not worsen. Servicing Fair Play, Long Creek, Mountain Rest, Newry, Seneca, Salem, Tamassee, Walhalla, Westminster, and West Union in Oconee County. In South Anderson County the towns we service include but aren't limited to, Anderson, Belton, Powdersville, Honea Path, Iva, Pelzer, Pendleton, Starr, and Townville. Our team of professionals will be out to your emergency within two hours or less.
The #1 Tip we can give is to know where your shut off valves are.
If you're not prepared for an emergency of this sort, you can always download our digital ERP App (Emergency Ready Plan) that will help keep you get ready in the event of an emergency. Visit https://ready.SERVPRO.com/ to Get Started Now! This helps lay out all the exits and shut off valves. It also has all phone numbers and contact information you will need such as your agent and insurance policy number.
Make sure you select the SERVPRO of Oconee/South Anderson Counties for your SERVPRO Emergency Response Team!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (864) 916-4160
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.