Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If your not prepared for an emergency of this sort, you can always download our digital ERP App (Emergency Ready Plan) that will help keep you ready in the event of an emergency. Visit SERVPRO Ready Plan to Get Started Now!
Make sure you select the SERVPRO of Oconee / South Anderson / Pickens Counties if your in Easley, Seneca, Clemson, Walhalla, Pendleton, Liberty, Keowee Key, Westminster, Six Mile, Norris, Fair Play, West Union, Salem, and Starr for your SERVPRO Emergency Response Team!
Below are some Fire Damage Emergency Tips if you are in a Fire Emergency.
Be sure to call your local SERVPRO of Oconee / South Anderson / Pickens Counties to start your fire remediation process.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (864) 916-4160
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.